Friday, August 31, 2007

Diamonds, a woman's best friend???!!

Diamonds, they say is a woman's best friend, but thats definitely not mine!

I happened to watch Blood Diamond and another program about the diamond miners in Africa, who are being attacked and sometimes even killed for the diamonds. How pathetic! This is when I decided that I shall not buy diamonds anymore. I do have a nose pin, which I hardly use, but that will be it.

Also, I wonder what difference a silk sari makes, except serving as a status symbol in the Indian society where half the population doesn't even have enough money for their basic necessities. Although I cannot serve every single person in the country, I would try my level best to make people's life better.

All these said and done, my opinions will not always be taken into account and I will be compelled to buy some of these just because we have enough money to do so, makes no sense I totally understand, but thats how the Indian society works.

Wish I can put some sense into these strata conscious people! God give me enough strength please .

No comments: