Friday, August 31, 2007

Puttu, kadala curry

Hmm.... yummy...... I have had Malayalee friends before, but no one has been kind enough to make me some puttu...except for my latest friend. My god I fell in love with it. It was love at first sight for me. She made it with roasted red rice flour. When steamed with fresh grated coconut, the flavor, the colour... wow... I still dream about it after a week.

I'm an ardent food fan, and look at me and you'll know what I mean :) But off late, I've lost my appetite for sweets and chocolates (Even then, I did not succeed in loosing a lot of weight :( )

I'm an ethnic South Indian, but have always tried my hand at different cuisines. My favourites are Thai, Mexican and Chinese to name a few. I live in Germany, but there aren't a lot of options for vegetarians here, especially, now that I have stopped eating cheese (not for weight reasons, but read about a mysterious ingredient in it)

No comments: