Friday, August 31, 2007

Easy cooking, works really well if you have a fever/body pain

Ever since I started this blog, I have wanted to update it everyday, but never really found the time (wonder what I do all day long at home though !) Today my hubby is home, he is not well, has a headache, so do I, but I seem to have all the energy on the earth or write entry after entry in my blog!!

Just made some really spicy Molagu rasam (pepper based) and spinach. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

Tamarind (use only tamarind or a combo of tamarind and tomato)
Dhaniya: 1Tbsp
Jeera: 1Tbsp
Pepper: 2Tbsp
Hing
Tur dal: 1Tbsp
Curry leaves few
Salt
Ghee: 1Tbsp, mustard for seasoning
Coriander leaves

Procedure:

1. Soak tamarind in water. I usually microwave it for 1min or so. Extract the juice.
2. Add salt, hing, half of the curry leaves to the extract and boil it for some time.
3. Make a powder of dhaniya, jeera, pepper, tur dal and add this to the extract.
4. Keep it on the stove for just a few minutes. Do not let it boil.
5. Heat ghee, add mustard, wait for it to splutter and add it to the rasam.
6. Add cut coriander leaves.

Have it with steaming hot rice. Works really well if you feel feverish, or have a body pain and the likes.

No comments: